Senior Front End Developer
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Horizontal Digital and/or client project management team, architects, developers and designers to scope solutions.
- Deliver functional, reusable libraries of components for integration in Sitecore or Drupal.
- Implement project specifications using a mix of industry standard, front-end technologies.
- Identify new technologies, frameworks, and processes that enhance our ability to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
Who you are:
- You have a desire and passion to work in the marketing technology industry.
- You are a critical thinker and problem solver with an obvious attention to detail and organization.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to calmly and rationally collaborate with technical and non-technical peers.
- You are resourceful and enjoy learning new things.
Key Experience Requirements
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a front-end developer.
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. Requirements, Design, Development, Testing) and exposure to Agile or iterative SDLCs.
- Expertise in core front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, JS) and modular CSS techniques (OOCSS, BEM, SMACSS).
- Experience writing semantic, responsive HTML that adheres to accessibility standards (Section 508, WCAG).
- Experience with version control tools (Git).
- Experience with front end automation tooling (Gulp, npm, Sass).
The above description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward digital consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. We offer unique opportunities as a boutique firm at a global scale, and we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients.
We solve challenging problems through strategy, creativity and execution. Our robust consulting work is built upon going deep to discover insights and breaking new ground, leading to long lasting impacts. The market landscape today demands digital expertise, and we leverage our thought leadership and proficiency in ever growing technologies such as Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. To see us in action, take a look at our expertise with some sample case studies.
We’re built on equal parts empathy and hustle. Savvy and scrappy are two words that describe the type of people we’re looking to hire. Our core values highlight what is important to us in every interaction: Be customer-first, Embrace change, Nurture collaboration, and Work courageously. We are constantly innovating to take revolutionary steps, and source insights from all levels to shape internal culture. While we push to “get things done”, our culture establishes strong leadership support, an emphasis on work/life harmony.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.