Senior SEO Specialist
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
We are open to candidates located in Minneapolis, MN, Dallas, TX, Indianapolis, IN or Chicago, IL.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As a Senior SEO Specialist, you will work closely with our UX teams, designers, developers, strategists, project managers, to ensure efficient and successful execution of digital experience programs. In the role, you will also help manage both ongoing retainer-based SEO programs, as well as support new consulting engagements. Agnostic of technology platform or business function, the ideal candidate will have a proven track record in both technical and on-page SEO, have the ability to develop a strategy that helps clients meet the goals of the business, synthesize data and translate it into recommendations, and collaborate with technology teams to drive successful outcomes for our clients.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the strategic development for SEO campaigns, starting from kick-off and extending thru post-launch and on-going support
- Prepare and execute on-page optimization strategies to improve organic visibility for our clients
- Develop website technical audits to identify areas of concern from an SEO perspective
- Review and strategize a plan to improve the crawlability of our client’s sites
- Review web analytics data to provide feedback to our internal team on performance, and to analyze visitor behavior and trends to develop next steps
- Work with internal resources to prepare, plan, and execute link building and content marketing strategies
- Coordinate regularly with our website development, SEM, design, and business development teams, as well as with senior management, to ensure that clients are attaining positive outcomes
- Collaborate with the content and outreach teams to help identify opportunities to create, distribute, and promote web content
What you bring:
- 5+ years of SEO experience – agency/consulting experience is a plus
- A strong passion for SEO
- Strong face-to-face, video conference and email communications skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Familiarity with website analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Search Console, WebTrends
- Deep knowledge of factors that influence search engine rankings
- Ability to think strategically to identify and define keyword opportunities for optimization
- Well-rounded knowledge of SEO software such as SEMRush and ScreamingFrog
- Experience delivering diagnostics reports and performance audits.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and/or Google Docs
- Experience with agile methodology (preferred)
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.