Sales Leader, Salesforce
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward digital consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. We offer unique opportunities as a boutique firm at a global scale, and we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients.
We solve challenging problems through strategy, creativity and execution. Our robust consulting work is built upon going deep to discover insights and breaking new ground, leading to long lasting impacts. The market landscape today demands digital expertise, and we leverage our thought leadership and proficiency in ever growing technologies such as Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. To see us in action, take a look at our expertise with some sample case studies.
We’re built on equal parts empathy and hustle. Savvy and scrappy are two words that describe the type of people we’re looking to hire. Our core values highlight what is important to us in every interaction: Be customer-first, Embrace change, Nurture collaboration, and Work courageously. We are constantly innovating to take revolutionary steps, and source insights from all levels to shape internal culture. While we push to “get things done”, our culture establishes strong leadership support, and an emphasis on work/life harmony.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As the leader of our Salesforce sales team, you will play a critical role in our fast-growing practice to hire, coach and retain a team of Account Executives selling solutions and implementation services for Salesforce Digital 360 products. You will bring a proven channel and sales playbook and a strong operational competency. We specialize in creating connected experiences for Fortune 500 companies across Marketing Cloud, Experience Cloud, Commerce Cloud and Tableau CRM. We have a strong digital agency legacy and a team of strategists to complement our technology solutions. We take pride in delivering quality outcomes. Come join our team!
This role will be located in our St. Louis Park, MN office. We are currently working remotely but will return to work when local guidelines dictate. Relocation assistance will be considered.
What you’ll do:
Sales Operations (40%)
- Define territory plans, pipeline targets and objectives for each team member.
- Define selling team structure and sales approach.
- Apply strategic go-to-market models as well as tactical approaches that result in pipeline acceleration, increased close rates, and revenue growth.
- Define team metrics including revenue forecasts, team budget, and pipeline targets.
- Develop a sales plan by seller including quota, services specialization mix and practice area targets and compensation benchmarked to market compensation standards.
- Implement and ensure adoption of sales processes to attain short-term results and develop a long-term strategy, including territory and account planning, pipeline and opportunity management, contract generation, forecasting, data management, and reporting.
Selling Team Management (40%)
- Collaborate with organizational executive team to set overarching sales objectives and create ongoing rhythm (monthly, quarterly, etc.) for communicating and reporting progress for key metrics.
- Define and implement selling coaching model, GROW (Goal, Reality, Options, Wrap-up) or similar outcome-focused process.
- Lead and motivate the sales team, offering guidance, coaching, and strategy based on your experience within professional services selling and delivery.
Sales/Channel Strategy (20%)
- Big picture – how can the company upsell and cross-sell. Which verticals or industries should we target.
Who you are:
- You have successfully deployed effective sales management processes in new teams to drive growth.
- You are relentlessly focused on hitting the numbers and leading your team. You don’t allow obstacles to deflect or deter you; you are a master of prioritization of your own time and the team’s time. You have the charisma to get people to follow you, but the organizational skills to keep them pulling together towards the right goals.
- You are a team player, you will contribute to the company’s culture, and you are a leader. You have a passion for closing deals and building great customer relationships, taking great pride in seeing the outcome of your skills and efforts have an impact on our clients, our company, and the industry. You aspire to great things and are willing to work to get there.
- You thrive in an environment where multiple ideas are considered and analyzed, decisions are made expeditiously, and execution is seen as the critical success factor.
- You adapt quickly, you love the idea of an ecosystem that is in flux, and in fact, you want to be on the team driving that change.
What you bring:
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise level solution sales working with complex services and deal cycles.
- 5+ year of experience leading, managing, mentoring, and growing a solution sales team focused on professional services delivery.
- Experience developing and managing incentive-based compensation plans, revenue forecast models and processes, and aligning sales teams to organizational growth goals.
- Proven ability to deliver predictable sales revenue forecasts and sales methodology for achieving success.
- Salesforce ecosystem experience required.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.