Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer, you’ll own the design and implementation of Marketing Journey capabilities that enable us to deliver superior experiences for our clients.
What you’ll do:
Client and Technical Delivery (90%)
- Become a trusted advisor to our clients and facilitate ongoing communications and guiding efforts to manage and exceed client expectations.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements, conceptualize and communicate highly detailed technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proactively assist with identifying efficiencies, improvements, or added functionality in each iteration of a product’s life cycle.
- Perform all tasks within the budget and on time while meeting all necessary project requirements. Communicate regularly if budget and/or scope changes.
- Produce strategic solutions involving configuration, creation and refinement of complex data models, external integration, business process automation, and other custom functionality.
- Provide development support, from design through testing and deployment, often working with other members of the team.
- Launch A/B tests, analyze results and identify opportunities to improve campaign performance.
- Work with client teams in supporting the live application and perform hand-off and knowledge transfer activities, positioning our clients for long term success.
- Configure and develop to development standards.
Practice Development (10%)
- Can articulate practice capabilities, offerings and value propositions.
- Contributes to practice thought leadership.
- Participates in practice events and trainings (internal and/external).
- Stays current on technical learning and trends.
Who you are:
- You have a strong ability to support the creation?of innovative digital transformation strategy and to help deliver and implement an operational solution that is?customer-centric.??
- You are a technology enthusiast and can support a program’s diagnostics surrounding complex business/technical challenges to implement innovative digital solutions with latest technologies.??
- You are flexible with the ability to handle multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. Ambiguity is not something that scares you.??
- You are recognized as trusted, empathetic,?and accountable?in relationships with clients, colleagues, vendors, and other industry professionals.?
- You are optimistic and demonstrate a positive mental attitude. You persist in seeking goals and operate from a commitment to success rather than fear of failure.??
What you bring:
- 2+ years of experience providing Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) Development, including developing content, email campaigns and maintaining Marketing Applications.
- Experience developing HTML email templates, SFMC templates & components, landing pages, and scripting.
- Strong Scripting language skills such as AMPScript, SSJS for emails, landing pages, SMS, and push notifications.
- Required certifications: Marketing Cloud Consultant and Marketing cloud Developer
- Cross-cloud competency as demonstrated by additional certifications or badges.
- SQL experience a plus.
We work with our consultants to equip them with skills and experience to deliver the below expectation to clients.
- We set our clients up for success (proactive best practice leadership, clear expectations, assumptions validated)
- We know the business problem we are solving (validated before we build)
- We have agreement between client and team about what good looks like (written down)
- We build elegant, efficient solutions (find the right line between code and config, minimal technical debt)
- We test our work before deploying (always)
- We treat our client's environments with care and respect (measure twice / cut once)
- We ask for help when we need it (we are aware of our blind spots)
- We are transparent (communicate risk, issues, bad news in a timely and clear way)
- We help our clients become competent and confident owners of their solution (clean documentation, clear training)
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.