Horizontal Digital is an experience-forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
The Personalization Lead at Horizontal Digital works collaboratively with our clients to lead, develop, and execute best-in-class personalization capabilities, from strategy through implementation. An integral part of the Strategy team, this role will be responsible for managing and growing our personalization competency, practitioners therein, as well as overall service offerings. The ideal candidate will bring strong industry and digital credentials and can operate with ease at the intersection of data, technology, and the creative domains.
An indulgent problem-solver, an obsessive customer advocate, and a lifelong learner, this individual is passionate about expanding possibilities between brands and customers, humanizing the digital journey, and a providing a bespoke digital customer experience.
What you’ll do:
- Research. You will perform research on specific industries and customer segments as part of client engagements. It will be inclusive of gaining a deeper understanding of our clients’ business, industry/market, as well as the competitive landscape.
- Facilitation. You will lead workshops and meetings with executive, business, and technology stakeholders to elicit and document personalization goals, key performance indicators, requirements/use-cases, and any associated dependencies.
- Personalization strategy. You will help define the personalization strategy and roadmap, as well as utilize established criteria to determine organizational readiness. You will collaborate with client stakeholders to help define related tactics and articulate how they assist in realizing business objectives and personalization goals.
- Platform configuration. You will execute on elements of the personalization strategy by configuring the Digital Experience Platform (DXP). This will primarily be on the Sitecore platform but experience with other personalization platforms is a plus. As part of the process, you will incorporate a test and learn cadence to prove/disprove hypotheses via pilots, providing a pathway to scale the documented strategy.
- Analytics and data mining. You will uncover user insights to help inform personalization tactics in alignment with relevant personas, segments.
- Measurement. You will lead the identification and development of the overarching measurement strategy to quantify the success of personalization efforts. This will include the definition of key performance indicators to benchmark the success of individual tactics as well as the overall effort.
- Competency Development. You will be responsible for the overall development of the personalization competency inclusive of practitioners, service offerings, and intellectual capital.
Who you are:
- You have a solid grasp of personalization. You know what it is and what it isn’t. You are an advocate for the customer as it relates to driving personalization at scale for our clients.
- You have a strong understanding of key technology platforms including CRM, CMS, CDP, DXP, and marketing automation, as well as how they connect together to provide personalized digital experiences.
- You possess strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- You can synthesize information from multiple sources and stakeholders, to help define a personalization strategy and roadmap for clients.
- You have a strong understanding of analytics platforms with the ability to decipher relevant insights required to drive and support business decisions.
- You take initiative on projects, and can either work independently, or as part of a team.
What you bring:
- 7-10 years of experience at a reputed agency or consulting firm, with a preference for individuals who have been hands-on as it relates to the activation of personalization efforts.
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or relevant field
- You are familiar with Sitecore (or other DXP equivalent), especially the digital marketing and personalization tools, as well as Sitecore Experience Analytics, Path Analyzer, and Experience Profile
- You understand basic web analytics concepts: sessions, users, bounce rate, segments, referring sources.
- You are familiar with setting up tracking and tagging for new websites
- You can configure reports and dashboards in Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics
- You have experience with data visualization, such as Power BI or Tableau
Preferred Tools and Technology
- Sitecore (or other DXP equivalent), Salesforce Interaction Studio
- Boxever CDP, or an equivalent platform
- Microsoft Office suite, with emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel
- Data visualization experience, such as Power BI or Tableau
- Google/Adobe Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Paid search e.g., DoubleClick
- Google Search Console
- Google Ads
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.