Media Production Intern
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As a Media Production Intern, you will be responsible for supporting video and photo shoots in-studio/office and on-location, in addition to managing digital assets, storage and retrieval. You will also be responsible for assisting the Manager of Media Production in creating a visual representation of Horizontal’s work through video and photography. This internship could be used for classroom credit as determined by your college or university internship guidelines.
The ideal candidate must be located in MN and will be required to come into our office in Saint Louis Park, MN.
What you'll do:
- Assist Producers, Directors, Photographers, Videographers in capturing and editing content, including logging notes, lighting, camera, audio, props, and general production needs
- Responsible for the safe transfer, storage and maintenance of all footage and project assets in media asset database
- Responsible for the proper setup of all in-studio/office and on-location sets
- Must ensure equipment is charged and properly stored before and after every shoot
- Operate and maintain proper levels and calibration of cameras, recorders, and other production equipment
- Work closely with the creative staff to execute concepts through to completion
Who you are:
- You possess a positive, effective, and collaborative work attitude
- Intensely organized with the ability to independently handle a multitude of tasks simultaneously in high-pressure situations
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- You are recognized as a trusted and accountable team player
What you bring:
- A minimum of 1 year of experience creating, editing, and publishing photos and/or videos
- A high school diploma with a trade school Digital/Graphic Arts, Digital Photography, Filmmaking, and/or Video Production certificate OR an undergraduate student currently pursuing a degree in Film, Video Production, Communications, Photography, Editing, Digital/Graphic Arts etc.
- Knowledge of video production workflows (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite, DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro, AVID, etc.)
- Knowledge of full Adobe Create Suite is a plus
- Basic computer skills: Mac and Microsoft Windows
- Must be able to successfully lift 35 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be familiar with DLSR Cameras, professional lighting, and audio equipment
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.