Marketing Copywriter / Content Writer
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As an Internal Marketing Copywriter/Content Writer, you will write highly engaging copy/content that reflects the voice of Horizontal Digital across our internal marketing projects. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside a high-caliber, growing team as you keep our lens of expertise (across CX and technology) and the Horizontal brand voice at the heart of your work.
What you’ll do:
- Write in such a way that takes complex information that a niche, specialized audience would grasp and make it easy to understand for a broader audience
- Take creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs, brainstorm discussions and research into copy/content that grows awareness, encourages engagement, educates, builds authority, and drives action
- Write material including thought-leadership (ebooks), email campaigns, blogs, website content, social media, bios, video scripts and more
- Write internal facing content for events, onboarding/training, and other needs
- Collaborate with Hztl Digital’s recruitment and HR team to create engaging talent recruitment materials and employee communications
- Interview internal team members to generate copy points, insights and stories for Hztl branded materials
- Work collaboratively with our SEO team and incorporate best practices into your work where needed
- Invest time into continuing education/professional growth
- Manage multiple projects with short deadlines simultaneously
- Be a gatekeeper/guardian of the Horizontal brand voice
Who you are:
- Talented. You’re an exceptional storyteller who can make everyday things interesting and engaging.
- Flexible. You are ready and willing to change direction and adjust priorities quickly. You understand that because of the nature of what we do, we often take on projects with quick turn arounds.
- Collaborative. You share ideas and collaborate with our internal and client team on projects.
- Detail-Oriented. You are comfortable tracking your time project-by-project
- Autonomous. You are adept at managing your own time and work output but understand how your role and actions may affect the entire team.
- Empathetic. You seek to understand users and audiences when shaping your work and are aware and considerate of the perspectives and needs of your teams and clients.
- Adaptable. You do what is needed even if it isn't your job. You are open to growing, learning, and wearing several different hats.
- Meticulous. You possess a high level of attention to detail and strong organizational skills. We have a lot of moving parts here. You need to be able to stay on top of the different components and drive the bus when needed.
What you bring:
- 3+ year of marketing/brand copywriting for multi-channel experiences
- Experience writing copy for social media, digital display ads, technical and brand brochures, events and other promotional materials
- Bonus points for previous background and/or experience with digital experience/marketing platforms such as Sitecore and Salesforce
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.