Manager, Digital Strategy
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting our Work section.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As a Digital Strategist, you will serve as a key strategic advisor to our client as they embark on their digital transformation journey. You are highly proficient in design thinking principles, providing the vision and basis to articulate a holistic customer experience strategy. Viewed as a trusted partner by the client, you have the innate ability to zoom-in/out across the business landscape, discerning and translating complex needs, developing foundational strategies, while collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive successful digital outcomes. You bring strong industry, and digital credentials, and can operate with ease at the intersection of data, technology and the creative domains.
An indulgent problem-solver, an obsessive customer advocate, and a life learner, you are inspired by innovative and potentially disruptive digital possibilities, harnessing this thinking to craft bespoke strategies, driving to help clients deliver world-class product and service experiences.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the cross-functional client engagement team as part of the initial Discovery phase, with a specific focus on eliciting and understanding incumbent business challenges and opportunities, foundational gaps and pain-points, as well as pillars for the aspirational future state connected digital experience.
- Assess qualitative and quantitative aspects of the client's current state in conjunction with additional market/industry/competitive research to help articulate future vision and guiding strategy.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional team members to develop insight-oriented deliverables to not only guide the development of an achievable digital roadmap, but also provide the basis for successful mobilization of the implementation phase.
- Serve as a subject matter specialist and strategy leader in all thing's customer experience and digital, leading the way in defining the future vision, while exceeding brand and customer needs
- Manage day-to-day interactions with client stakeholders associated with data collection and validation, hypothesis development, analytical insights and out-of-box thinking as it relates to the development of the overall digital strategy.
- Mentor junior team members, while contributing to, and advancing the strategy competency as a whole
Who you are:
- Written and verbal communication skills are professional, concise, and effective.
- Highly collaborative in nature with the seamless ability to help drive requirements elicitation and prioritization workshops, produce client-facing deliverables, and interface with cross-functional teams, client and executive stakeholders, to drive business objectives.
- Takes initiative, is proactive, anticipates and completes project assignments in a comprehensive manner while still remembering the details.
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret the client’s business objectives, translating them into foundational strategies and achievable roadmaps.
- Prioritize a dynamic workload, while being flexible and adjusting to shifting client needs
- Contributes effectively towards competency development efforts and business development activities.
What you bring:
- 7+ years of progressive experience working on enterprise digital initiatives, focused on the strategy function at a reputed consultancy
- Strong understanding of the digital ecosystem including associated business processes, and functional areas such as commerce, marketing automation, content strategy, personalization, customer care, critical to the success of client initiatives
- Strong experience in the development of strategy artifacts (e.g., capability assessment, digital brief, findings report, digital roadmap, business case development, service blueprint, operating and org model design, other strategic PoV’s) foundational to delivering connected digital experiences
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies and the digital design/development life cycle
- Strong familiarity with digital platforms such as CMS, CRM, ERP, PIM, DAM and how they interconnect to enable the end customer experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.