IT Helpdesk Technician - Level 1
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity, and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
Horizontal is seeking an Helpdesk Technician – Level 1 who will be responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. IT Support staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through e-mail, remote, in person (for walk-up customers) and self-service. This is a full-time, onsite position at our headquarters Minneapolis.
What you’ll do:
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications
- Assist all staff with any IT related incident when called upon
- Take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary
- Accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system
- Install and configure new IT equipment
- Primary lead for shipping and receiving
- Resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware
- Resolve incidents with printers, monitors and docking stations
- Maintain a first-class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization
- Constantly learn new things—and share them with your team members
- Undertaking other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility
Who you are:
- Driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement
- Strong work ethic and a self-starter
- Eagerness to learn
What you bring:
- 2+ years of Helpdesk Support Experience, working with Desktops, Laptops, Phones/Tablets, Saas Platforms, Printers, Networking Devices and related equipment
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 10 as well as Mac OSX
- Experience with Active Directory, Office 365
- Basic Understanding of Networking and Security protocols and troubleshooting experience, along with VPN troubleshooting experience
- Basic Understanding of Imaging and Deployment procedures and systems (WDS, MDT, SCCM)
- Basic understanding of scripts and batch files, along with PowerShell and Linux Shell commands
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field is preferred
- IT Certifications in relative fields
- Ability to thrive as a ‘one person team’ when necessary
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.