Group Program Director - Salesforce
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
We are looking for an Group Program Director who will lead a team of Salesforce Project Managers. This team will run full lifecycle digital transformation projects from inception to implementation using agile methodologies. You will assist with the assembly of teams and the development of detailed work plans, process improvements, project estimates, and resource plans using straightforward problem-solving skills. You will report to the Director of Project Management.
Our highly entrepreneurial, collaborative, and dynamic environment is the perfect place for smart, motivated people to make an impact.
What you’ll do:
- Manage, mentor and progress the Salesforce project management team, overseeing their work and performance.
- Constantly and consistently identify, implement and socialize the most effective processes, tools and systems to keep the department current with project management processes
- Collaborate with department heads and leadership to create achievable and measurable project plans that include regular status reporting
- Identify areas of improvement in project management and work to improve them
- Oversee execution, workflow and resourcing of projects
- Lead and develop comprehensive resource models and risk mitigation plans in collaboration with discipline leads
- Identify and pursue opportunities to foster cross-training to help build a strong foundation for the team
- Serve as program manager for high-visibility projects when needed
- Develop scopes and project plans for new business pursuits
- Actively contribute to the development of the agency's culture and standards of quality
What will be expected of your team:
- Provide agile project management oversight for multiple Salesforce projects. Activities include:
- Coaching and mentoring teams into following Agile best practices
- Facilitating scrum ceremonies
- Preparing capacity and velocity metrics for teams ahead of sprint planning
- Administrating task board management
- Define project objectives, scope, estimate, timeline and level of effort.
- Forecast and communicate resourcing needs prior to project start and throughout project life cycle.
- Develop project strategies and plans, and identify the methods and tools required for the project.
- Keep projects on track and on budget while resolving issues with clients.
- Monitor progress and budget against plan.
- Coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional teams who will provide technical solutions and to resolve problems.
- Manage scope creep by coordinating and responding to new requests for changes from original specifications.
- Ensure quality through planning, execution, quality assurance, and quality control techniques.
- Identify, analyze and mitigate risks to maximize the results and minimize the consequences.
- Work closely with the end users, business analysts, technologists, and other stakeholders to understand and prioritize business goals and information needs.
- Identify scope creep and risks during the project lifecycle and provide mitigation measures accordingly
- Provide solutions, leadership, and motivation to project team members.
Who you are:
- You get it done. Grit is your middle name. You are organized, have excellent time management skills, and have spidey sense for issues before they arise.
- You are a natural leader. You are self-motivated with a high degree of initiative and follow-through. Mentoring others is something you do out of habit. You are eager to succeed and understand that putting in the work is the way to get where you want to be.
- You’re an outstanding communicator. You are able to convey information to all key stakeholders in both written and verbal formats. Preparing and delivering presentations is second nature.
- You are comfortable in ambiguity and always drive to finding solutions to provide clarity.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills, and ability to maintain a balanced and positive attitude in stressful situations
What you bring:
- A minimum of 10+ years client-facing digital project management experience, using agile methodologies.
- A minimum of 5+ years agency/consultancy experience. 6+ years preferred.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience managing Salesforce projects that include discovery, strategy, user experience, creative design, front end development, QA, deployments, and maintenance.
- Prior exposure to digital marketing solutions such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Possess an in depth understanding of project management, workflow, infrastructure, project life cycles and management methodologies and styles
- Ability to see the big picture while also focusing on the details
- Experience with Jira/Confluence
- Experience coaching and mentoring scrum teams and scrum masters
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.