Group Client Director - Salesforce
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Salesforce, Sitecore and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
We are open to candidates located in Minneapolis, MN / Dallas, TX / Chicago, IL or anywhere in the US (remote).
But enough about us, let’s talk about you.
The Group Client Director - Salesforce is responsible for leading and growing a diversified portfolio of accounts, guiding the client relationship approach, and overseeing Horizontal Digital’s scope across every project. This leader will focus on composing a sustainable account program, creating growth opportunities, and overseeing high-quality work. This director-level role is critical to strengthen Horizontal Digital’s visibility throughout client organizations and drive value among senior clients. Group Client Directors at Horizontal Digital have strong business acumen, with insatiable curiosity about the clients’ industries, business, marketing, products, and enterprise strategies. They are adept at navigating the complexities of client organizations, mitigating risk in enterprise transformation programs, and managing the reputation of their firm. They are passionate about creating team culture and growing the careers of others – and will strive for a healthy balance of external management and internal team coaching and partnership.
What you’ll do:
- Develop long-term strategies to sustain and grow your portfolio of accounts so they leverage the full breadth of the firm and our experience forward approach.
- Deeply understand each client’s business, their organization’s structure, and culture, as well as business and marketing challenges - so you are seen as a subject matter expert both internally at Horizontal and with the clients.
- Develop trust-based relationships with senior clients, their teams and the Salesforce channel to proactively solve business problems, advocate for our team and our capabilities, and position the firm and our clients for mutual success.
- Build a cohesive team across partners, departments, disciplines, and offices in the service of your clients – to support operationally sound, effective delivery of the firm’s committed scope.
- Foster high client satisfaction in every interaction with our firm.
- Actively develop relationships with craft leaders and peers inside the firm to deepen the whole-service approach to your accounts and ensure high-quality delivery.
- Take an active role in guiding the careers of your team of engagement leads; coach them individually and inside of projects to improve their strategic, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Foster strategic growth within their account portfolio by conducting annual and quarterly planning, and persistently, proactively pursuing new projects and workstreams to deepen the firm’s involvement and value to our clients.
- Balance client and company advocacy to drive healthy engagements in line with Horizontal core mission and values.
Who you are:
- You are a sound strategic partner who can understand and support a program with complex business, user experience and technical challenges, and have a proven track record supporting client and internal teams in achieving digital solutions across multiple platforms.
- You bring hardened experience in complex technology implementations spanning multiple programs and platforms.
- You are adept at navigating the Salesforce channel to bring in the right players to help our clients solve problems.
- You’re recognized as a trusted leader, builder, and confidant. You’re the type of person who will set the tone for the passion, perseverance, and collaboration your teams strive for across your accounts – and who can advocate for ideas and win others over to them.
- You are optimistic and display both calm and courage as you lead your teams and projects.
- You have polished executive communication skills: the ability to lead meetings and presentations with senior clients, to respond to concepts and questions quickly and effectively in verbal or written communications, and to shape ambiguous ideas into actionable next steps.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and the drive to develop and shape Horizontal Digital’s future growth with a continuous passion for influencing and scaling business processes.
What you bring:
- Experience running a portfolio of $8M+, across Fortune 500-level multi-layered enterprise clients, or similar client relationship lead in agency, including financial management of that portfolio.
- Solid stakeholder management and communication skills, and the ability to articulate program scope, milestones, risk mitigation strategies, and end-state outcomes to both executives and, where appropriate, to reinforce those concepts with more day-to-day contacts.
- Strong leadership skills: ability to drive strategic vision: to organize and create consensus around ideas, concepts and then to drive outcomes with internal teams.
- Strong financial acumen; skilled in forecasting, revenue management, and achieving margin goals their portfolio of accounts.
- Experience with Salesforce (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Experience Cloud) and cross-platform integrations.
- Experience leading teams with multiple discipline representation (especially technology, UI, UX and digital strategy).
- Stay abreast of client’s industry trends as well as trends, experiences, and capabilities in the digitally enabled world. This also includes how they affect the client’s business and marketing initiatives.
- Multi-category experience across consumers (B2C), B2B is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of experience in technology and digital transformation consulting with a 5+ years of Salesforce. Background in functional leadership, technical leadership or technical project management strongly preferred.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.