Full Stack React Developer
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise with some sample case studies.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
We are looking for a full-stack web developer with React specialization. As a Full-stack React Developer on Horizontal Digital’s front-end development team, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams on multiple accounts. The front-end team is a central player in bringing Horizontal Digital’s creative vision to life for our clients. You will execute high-quality technical solutions on time and on budget using modern development methods. You will help drive innovative and effective user experience through technology and evangelize common standards and best practices across the front-end team.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Horizontal Digital and/or client project management team, architects, developers and designers to scope solutions, constraints and risks and identify potential limitations to a successful implementation at assigned clients.
- Architect enterprise React solutions including data, display, information architecture, and 3rd party platform integrations.
- Implement project specifications using a mix of React core functionality, community modules, and custom developed modules that adhere to React community coding standards.
- Identify new technologies, frameworks, and processes that enhance our ability to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
Who you are:
- You have a desire and passion to work in the marketing technology industry.
- You are a critical thinker and problem solver with an obvious attention to detail and organization.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to calmly and rationally collaborate with technical and non-technical peers.
- You are resourceful and enjoy learning new things.
What you bring:
- 2+ years of experience as a front-end developer.
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. Requirements, Design, Development, Testing) and exposure to Agile or iterative SDLCs.
- Expertise in core front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, JS) and modular CSS techniques (OOCSS, BEM, SMACSS).
- Experience writing semantic, responsive HTML that adheres to accessibility standards (Section 508, WCAG).
- Experience with version control tools (Git) and industry standard branching and merging practices.
- Experience with front end automation tooling (Gulp, npm, Sass).
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.