Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Founded in 2003, Horizontal is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) that solves complex problems across two distinct businesses: Horizontal Digital and Horizontal Talent.
Horizontal Digital is focused on building friction-free digital experiences for our clients’ end customers – and we understand that connecting various technologies within our customer’s walls enables these experiences. Understanding our client’s customers is at the core of the digital experiences we create.
Horizontal Talent provides temporary and permanent IT, Digital Marketing & Creative, and Business & Strategy talent needs, with over 600 billing consultants. As an award-winning staffing agency, Horizontal connects UX, digital, technology, project management, and creative talent with leading companies across the country.
The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager will be an integral part of our rapidly growing company by providing structure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and enabling business leaders to drive growth with key metrics and insights. This newly created role oversees the financial planning process, including budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis and strategic planning for Horizontal. You will collaborate with senior team member as you help drive all aspects of the financial planning and business decision support cycles. You’ll have the opportunity to become more of a strategic thought partner to our stakeholders by introducing innovative and scalable ideas as you shape processes and build out the FP&A mentality within the company.
What you’ll do:
- Promote improved budgeting and forecasting processes and tools to drive efficiencies and bridge functional strategy and capabilities to meet transformational targets and business needs.
- Manage people, processes, systems to achieve successful quarterly, annual and monthly planning and reporting cycles.
- Examine and provide insight into current and past trends in KPI’s including all indicators in areas such as revenue, cost of sales, & expenses.
- Perform business, financial and operations analysis to impact top-line and bottom-line results while supporting senior management in resolutions.
- Develop comparisons in previous months actuals/budgets/forecasts to effectively explain key variances in revenue, margins, and expenses.
- Develop and present financial models to support strategic initiatives.
- Guide corporate level financial analysis on consolidated expenses, driving new investment return processes to influence tradeoffs and accountability across the organization.
- Carry out the migration of the company’s financials from Microsoft Great Plains to Microsoft Power BI
- Assist in the creation & reporting of management incentive compensation planning.
Who you are:
- You are recognized as trusted, empathetic, and accountable in relationships with colleagues.
- You are a supportive leader and encourage the team to be analytical and data driven.
- You are flexible with the ability to handle multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. Ambiguity is not something that scares you.
- You are optimistic and demonstrate a positive mental attitude. You seek out goals and operate from a commitment to success rather than fear of failure.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a unique ability to communicate complex ideas to senior team members.
- You are a poised, self-starter with a desire to keep learning.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and the drive to develop and shape Horizontal Digital’s future growth with a continuous passion for influencing and scaling business processes.
What you bring:
- 7+ years business finance experience with 3 + years’ experience in FP&A roles
- Ownership mentality and demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion with a high attention to detail.
- A passion for understanding business questions and making data driven insights.
- Solid grasp of key accounting concepts and ability to download and decipher accounting data in connection with financial planning.
- Strong analytical aptitude and problem-solving skills with financial modeling, data mining, and other finance experiences.
- Prior experience guiding aspects of budgeting and forecasting processes required.
- Prior Data Modeling experience required.
- Advanced reporting analytics and modeling, i.e., SSRS, Tableau, Power BI a plus
- Experience querying large data sets using SQL a plus.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.