Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Drupal, Salesforce and other experience platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As a Drupal Developer you will be responsible for designing and implementing new features and functionality, establishing and guiding the website’s architecture, ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS. You will work closely with front-end developers and customers to ensure an effective, visually appealing, and intuitive implementation. You will collaborate with a cross-functional team to ensure best-in-class implementation.
What you’ll do:
- Architect enterprise Drupal solutions including data, display, information architecture, and 3rd party platform integrations.
- Implement project specifications using a mix of Drupal core functionality, community modules, and custom developed modules that adhere to the Drupal community coding standards.
- Identify opportunities to contribute to and participate in Drupal and other Open Source communities in order to reduce ongoing cost of operation for clients.
- Collaborate with Horizontal Digital and/or client project management team, architects, developers and designers to scope solutions, constraints and risks and identify potential limitations to a successful implementation at assigned clients.
- Identify new technologies, frameworks, and processes that enhance our ability to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
- Participate in code reviews of your own work and provide reviews for other team members.
Who you are:
- You have a desire and passion to work in the marketing technology industry.
- You are a critical thinker and problem solver with an obvious attention to detail and organization.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to calmly and rationally collaborate with technical and non-technical peers.
- You are resourceful and enjoy learning new things.
What you bring:
- 3-5 years of web application and web site development with Drupal (corporate web sites, ecommerce sites, portals, mobile sites).
- 2+ years managing web application projects.
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. Requirements, Design, Development, Testing) and exposure to Agile or iterative SDLCs.
- Experience writing semantic, responsive HTML.
- Experience writing object-oriented PHP.
- Experience implementing web solutions in Drupal and PHP.
- Experience with Drupal’s theme layer.
- Experience with Drupal’s module system and experience writing or extending modules.
- Experience with Drupal’s Migrate framework.
- Experience with Acquia provided tooling and development workflows for Drupal 8/9 preferred.
- Experience implementing, accessibility standards (Section 508, WCAG).
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (Sass, Less).
- Experience with version control tools (Git).
- Experience contributing to open source projects including on drupal.org.
- History of involvement in a local or global open source community.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.