Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
The DevOps Engineer collaborates with the development and operations teams to build, test, and deploy software. This role supports our Sitecore practice and requires experience with windows OS, Linux, .NET, SQL Server, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Jenkins, Git, PowerShell, Terraform, Atlassian product suite, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services.
What you’ll do:
Designing, developing and maintaining cloud environments (15%)
- Analyze business requirements and work closely with project team members, technical leads and business partners to arrive at an optimal solution design
- Design the technical solution for software implementation
- Estimate time required got technical implementation
- Development of infrastructure resources as per design, technical specification and implement them in alignment with client requirement
- Creating customized infrastructure on IaaS, PaaS models according to the client requirements with variants of Windows, Linux operating systems
Developing and implementing IaaC templates for cloud resource provisioning (15%)
- Developing IaaC templates using ARM, CloudFormation, terraform based on the project requirement
- Designing the templates for various application installation and configuration
- Installing Sitecore along with modules on the deployed infrastructure, using the templates
Setting up disaster recovery and fault tolerance standard strategies (15%)
- Developing and testing storage strategies and disaster recovery plans for operational databases, delivering solution with guaranteed recovery performance and high availability
- Setting up infrastructure in multi-regions and multi-availability zones with load balancers and auto scaling groups for fault tolerance and setting up traffic managers for DNS based load balancing across multiple regions
- Creating timely backups for servers and database snapshots for serving the purpose of disaster recovery
Automating daily tasks and Azure services (15%)
- Setting Desired state configuration for configuration management of servers
- Creating post commit and pre-push hooks in Git, Bitbucket
- Automating daily and monthly tasks using azure kudu API to interact with the azure app services and run redundant tasks
- Creating azure automation runbooks to perform monthly audit of azure costs, security compliance
Working on Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipeline (15%)
- Triggering the build and release using Azure DevOps, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Jenkins to deploy the code on azure cloud environment
- Setting up deployments as per standards set by the client with reusability and optimal design principles as agreed in the project
- Executing the CI/CD pipeline to include phases of the software development life cycle which includes analysis, design, technical writing, implementation, testing and deployment. Fixing the defects, issues raised by QA team
Documenting, Monitoring and troubleshooting the applications, infrastructure (15%)
- Using application insights, azure monitor, application map, azure diagnostic logs, run kusto queries on the existing data to get more insight into the application issues and troubleshoot it in a better way
- Documenting the technical implementation details which have required architecture diagrams and implementation strategies.
- Analyzing and working with managed services team to reproduce the issue in the lower environment and fix the issue
- Preparing and sharing the detailed report on issue with project team along with corrected action plan
Presenting architectural insights and recommendations to the client and collaborating with teams (10%)
- Interact with key stakeholders, understand strategic objectives, requirements and provide relevant solutions
- Identifying opportunities for adapting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Embracing the software development life cycles, tools, standards such as Scrum, Kanban, Pivotal Tracker, Jira
Who you are:
- Collaborate with internal teams and client stakeholders to drive innovative and effective user experience
- Work independently and identify potentially more effective methods of work operation
What you bring:
- Experience with provisioning Azure Cloud Infrastructure with ARM Templates
- Experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Windows OS, AWS and Azure Cloud
- Experience working with CI/CD tools: Azure DevOps, Ansible, ARM templates
- Knowledge of application containerization using Kubernetes, Docker etc.
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud – IAM, EC2, RDS, Lambda, Kinesis, Elastic search, CloudWatch, etc.
- Experience with relational databases such as MS SQL
- Experience in provisioning of cloud resources through CI/CD pipeline
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.