Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
We are open to candidates located in Minneapolis, MN / Dallas, TX / Chicago, IL or anywhere in the US (remote).
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As the center point of the client relationship, the Client Manager must have the confidence to lead cross-functional teams, the ability to partner laterally with specific project leads, and the communication and advocacy skills to manage clients up and down an organizational structure. The ideal candidate has strong passion for digital experience strategy, experience design and digital platform development. They have proven experience in running substantial client projects and aspire to be a strong leader driving success at an account level.
The Client Manager thrives at the intersection of building today’s agreed-upon solution while also advocating for tomorrow’s next great step. They love navigating the complexities that digital projects can bring, daily inspiring and motivating their teams to do compelling and commercially successful work.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, grow and sustain strategic client relationships. Facilitate programs that draw out and answer clients’ needs.
- Anticipate the needs, concerns and input from clients, and advocate for high-ROI solutions that may challenge perspectives on process, systems, and customers.
- Understand client business, internal dynamics, industry and competition - as well as Horizontal’s offerings - to help bring clients the right solutions at the right time.
- Contribute digital marketing and digital product expertise to deliverables such as digital roadmaps, web/product MVP definition, feature set prioritization, requirements documentation, user experience recommendations or designs, and technical blueprints.
- Proactively run the account, recognizing opportunities and coordinating a team to capitalize on them; foreseeing risks and mobilizing a team to mitigate or resolve them.
- Actively participate in and contribute to internal work reviews, effectively set client expectations and lead client reviews throughout an Agile technical delivery process.
- Engage and partner with a multi-disciplinary team of project managers, designers, developers, and business experts in a way that leads to bold ideas and mission effectiveness as well as operational efficiency.
- Drive project and program scope definition ( including contract negotiation, renewals, proposals and SOWs) with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Support and drive progress toward the vision for each account in partnership with the broader agency team.
Who you are:
- You are a digital experience enthusiast who can understand and support a program with complex business, user experience and technical challenges, and have a proven track record supporting client and internal teams in achieving digital solutions.
- You are flexible with the ability to handle multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. You exude confidence, persistence, and the ability to stay calm despite multiple projects and goals.
- You see ambiguity through the lens of opportunity, rather than of concern.
- You are recognized as trusted, empathetic, and accountable in relationships with clients, colleagues, partners, and other industry professionals.
- You are optimistic and demonstrate a positive mental attitude and are hungry for opportunities to learn, grow and evolve personally and professionally
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordination across projects and teams. This includes the ability to captain and steer in-person and digital strategic meetings and presentations.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and the drive to develop and shape Horizontal Digital’s future growth with a continuous passion for influencing and scaling business processes.
What you bring:
- Solid stakeholder management and communication skills, and the ability to articulate project scope, milestones, risk mitigation strategies, and end-state outcomes to both executives and day-to-day client contacts.
- In depth knowledge and experience with end to end digital experience design and development and the ability to translate that experience effectively to future projects.
- Execution of connected digital experiences across web, CRM, app, voice and/or other digital platforms preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce (Marketing Cloud, Interaction Studio, Einstein Analytics, Community Cloud) and/or Sitecore preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively develop core skills, demonstrate confident executive presence, and collaborate closely with your teams in a professional environment.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 4 years of experience in a digital agency, consultancy, digital marketing or digital product development environment.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.