Client Manager - Salesforce
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
We are open to candidates located in Minneapolis, MN / Dallas, TX / Chicago, IL or anywhere in the US (remote).
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As the center point of the client relationship, the Client Manager must have the confidence to lead business conversations and define high-level outcomes, the ability to partner laterally with their implementation team, and the communication skills to manage clients up and down an organizational structure. The ideal candidate has proven success leading substantial projects across various Salesforce products, and is energized about delivering customer engagement across CRM/CDP solutions.
The Client Manager thrives at the intersection of building today’s agreed-upon solution while also advocating for tomorrow’s next great step. They love navigating the complexities that digital projects can bring, daily inspiring and motivating their teams to do compelling and commercially successful work.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, grow and sustain strategic client relationships. Facilitate programs that draw out and answer clients’ needs.
- Understand client business, internal dynamics, industry and competition - as well as Horizontal’s offerings - to help bring clients the right solutions at the right time.
- Contribute Salesforce (Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud, Interaction Studio, Einstein and/or CMS) expertise that helps effectively communicate project process, progress, risks and opportunities to the client.
- Partner with Salesforce consultants, BA’s and project managers internally to ensure internal understanding of client requirements, and stay on top of the work to ensure implementation meets client expectations.
- Anticipate the needs, concerns and input from clients that a successful Salesforce program needs, setting expectations and holding both the firm and our clients accountable to our mutual success.
- Proactively run the account, recognizing opportunities and coordinating a team to capitalize on them; foreseeing risks and mobilizing your project team to mitigate or resolve them.
- Actively participate in and contribute to internal work reviews, set client expectations and lead client reviews throughout an Agile delivery process.
- Drive project and/or program scope definition (including contract negotiation, renewals, proposals and SOW writing) with clients and internal stakeholders to create common understanding of the work to be produced.
- Support and drive progress toward the vision for each account in partnership with the broader Horizontal team.
Who you are:
- You are a digital experience enthusiast who can understand and support a program with complex business challenges, multiple phases, and multiple clients to manage.
- You have a proven track record supporting client and internal teams with Salesforce and/or CRM as the backbone of the solution.
- You are flexible with the ability to handle multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. You exude confidence, persistence, and the ability to stay calm despite multiple projects and goals.
- You are recognized as trusted, empathetic, and accountable in relationships with clients and colleagues.
- You are optimistic and demonstrate a positive mental attitude and are hungry for opportunities to learn, grow and evolve personally and professionally
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordination across projects and teams. This includes the ability to captain and steer in-person and digital strategic meetings and presentations.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and the drive to develop and shape Horizontal Digital’s future growth with a continuous passion for influencing and scaling business processes.
What you bring:
- You have solid relationship management and communication skills, and the ability to articulate project scope, milestones, risk mitigation strategies, and end-state outcomes to both executives and day-to-day client contacts.
- You are experienced in implementing and activating CRM/Loyalty/Experience programs with Salesforce (e.g. Marketing Cloud, Interaction Studio, Einstein Analytics, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, CMS) or equivalent.
- You’ve a demonstrated ability to proactively develop your own core skills and collaborate closely with your teams in a professional environment.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 4 years of experience in a digital agency, consultancy, digital marketing or digital product development environment.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.