Associate Director, Client Engagement
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
The Associate Director of Client Engagement is at the intersection of the client and agency relationship and must have the skills and confidence to lead cross-functional teams, the ability to partner with project and discipline leads, and the client advocacy skills to manage clients up and down an organizational structure. The ideal candidate has strong passion for experience strategy, experience design and digital platform development. They have proven experience in running and retaining significant accounts and are looking for the opportunity to grow in their ability to advise and consult clients through meaningful changes.
This Associate Director loves navigating the complexities that digital projects can bring, daily inspiring and motivating their teams to do compelling and commercially successful work. This senior account leader is a trusted strategic advisor to our clients – and contributes meaningfully to culture and their craft inside Horizontal.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, grow, and sustain strategic client relationships. Proactively run the account as a business, recognizing opportunities, foreseeing risks, and helping the firm mitigate them for flawless client experience.
- Anticipate the needs, concerns, and input from clients, setting expectations and holding both the firm and our clients accountable for our mutual success.
- Understand client business - including organizational design and management techniques, internal dynamics, industry, and competitive challenges to help manage clients well – and bring clients the right solutions at the right time.
- Support and drive progress toward the vision for each account in partnership with the broader agency team.
- Engage and partner with a multi-disciplinary team of project managers, designers, developers, and business experts in a way that leads to bold ideas and project effectiveness as well as operational efficiency.
- Contribute digital marketing and experience strategy expertise to deliverables such as digital roadmaps, MVP definition, feature set prioritization, requirements documentation, strategic perspectives, user experience recommendations, and Agile technical delivery work reviews.
- Lead project and program scope definition across multiple complex client accounts - including shaping ambiguous asks into contracts, SOWs, and proposals.
- Advocate for high-ROI digital solutions that may challenge perspectives on process, systems, and customers.
Who you are:
- You are a digital experience enthusiast who can understand and support a program with complex business, user experience and technical challenges, and have a proven track record supporting client and internal teams in achieving digital solutions.
- You have a thirst for knowledge – especially business acumen – and thrive in creating commercially viable opportunities for the business that drive growth for clients.
- You are flexible with the ability to handle multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change.
- You exude a quiet confidence, persistence, and the ability to stay optimistic despite multiple projects and goals.
- You see ambiguity through the lens of opportunity, rather than of concern.
- You are recognized as trusted, empathetic, and accountable in relationships with clients, colleagues, partners, and other industry professionals.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordination across projects and teams. This includes the ability to captain and expertly craft both on-screen and spoken talk-track for in-person and digital strategic meetings and presentations.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and the drive to develop and shape Horizontal Digital’s future growth with a continuous passion for influencing and scaling business processes.
What you bring:
- Exemplary stakeholder management and communication skills, and the ability to articulate project scope, milestones, risk mitigation strategies, and end-state outcomes to both executives and day-to-day contacts.
- Proven experience in running midsized- to large-scale clients, and projects, programs, or accounts of $3M or more, creating sustainable business partnerships between client and firm.
- In depth knowledge and experience with end-to-end digital experience design and development and the ability to translate that experience effectively to future projects.
- Experience within multiple discipline teams (especially technology, UI, UX and digital strategy)
- Strong leadership and communication skills: ability to lead meetings and presentations with senior clients, as well as inspire, organize, and create consensus around ideas, concepts and approaches internally.
- Experience with Salesforce (Marketing Cloud, Einstein Analytics, Community Cloud) and/or Sitecore preferred.
- Stay abreast of client’s industry trends as well as trends, experiences, and capabilities in the digitally enabled world.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 7 years of experience in a digital agency, consultancy, digital marketing, or digital product development environment.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.