Associate Creative Director
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As an Associate Creative Director, you will play a critical role by leading digitally focused creative projects from kickoff through execution with minimal oversight. You will establish and sell through creative and strategic visions that ladder up to our client’s business goals, and ultimately provide their customers with purposeful and elevated digital experiences. You will apply your exceptional taste to shape, design and guide executions that are attractive, intuitive, and engaging. You will effortlessly present and sell work to clients, building strong and trusted relationships along the way. You will work collaboratively with our internal teams, helping guide the process, all with an eye on delivering a premium final product. In this position, you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced environment where you are encouraged to own your craft and make an impact on brands from around the world.
What you’ll do:
- Take charge and own the creative vision, inspiring internal partners and external clients to believe in your ideas and executions.
- Lead the work with a strong creative viewpoint that supports our client’s business objectives AND provides users with an exceptional and elevated digital experience.
- Execute flawlessly, designing beautiful crafted and thoughtful digital experiences.
- Lead the process, connecting the dots between client objectives and strategy, strategy and creative, and finally creative and development.
- Build collaborative relationships with internal partners and work cross-functionally with UX designers, writers, engagement leads, project managers, strategists, developers and leadership.
- Build trusted relationships with clients through your ability to understand their needs, collaborate effectively, provide thoughtful recommendations, and execute flawlessly.
- Strategically sell award-winning work and ideas to clients, as well as internal stakeholders.
- Pivot effortlessly, as needed, based on evolving requirements, timelines and feedback.
Who you are:
- A creative and digital visionary with an eye towards the future, that can apply creative and strategic insights to difficult business problems and customer needs.
- A digital expert with excellent taste in what makes an experience great.
- A leader who can take the reins on any project and make an impact, guiding internal teams and clients toward the execution of elevated digital deliverables.
- A creative with passion for the tone, look, feel, and interactivity of digital experiences.
- A confident salesperson, able to sell concepts and executions to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Though experienced, you’re eager to learn and grow. If you aren’t working on a project, you’re likely reading about the latest digital trends or competitor innovations.
- You are a proactive problem-solver who requires minimal direction.
- You are flexible with the ability to handle multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. Ambiguity is not something that scares you.
- You can roll with the punches while carrying a positive, can-do attitude throughout the entirety of a project.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What you bring:
- 7+ years of experience working in UI and digital design.
2+ years of project-based leadership on digitally focused creative-lead projects.
- Strong understanding of how to drive the creative process of bringing component-based digital solutions to life (Sitecore or other CMS solution).
- Expertise in the fundamentals of digital design and the creative process.
- Deep understanding of how brands work, from a business perspective, with proven ability to elevate brands in the digital space.
- Great presentations skills, with the ability to clearly express ideas, while exuding a strong presence in both in-person and remote presentations.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and deadlines with a positive attitude.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Adobe Suite (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), PowerPoint, and InVision.
- Experience with Motion Design, Figma, and CSS is a bonus.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.