Associate Client Director - Salesforce
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise by visiting the Work section of our website.
We are open to candidates located in Minneapolis, MN / Dallas, TX / Chicago, IL or anywhere in the US (remote).
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
As the senior strategic leader at the intersection of the client and agency relationship, the Associate Client Director must have the skills and confidence to lead cross-functional teams and the relationship management skills to support clients up and down an organizational structure.
The ideal candidate has proven success leading sizeable projects across Salesforce products, and is energized by creating customer engagement driven by powerful CRM/CDP solutions. They have proven experience leading key accounts where they advise and consult clients through meaningful change.
This senior account leader is a trusted strategic advisor to our clients – and contributes meaningfully to culture and craft inside Horizontal.
What you’ll do:
- Can measurably develop, grow and sustain strategic client relationships.
- Proactively run your accounts, foreseeing risks and helping the firm mobilize to mitigate them, while also recognizing opportunities and leading a team to capitalize on them.
- Contribute Salesforce (Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud, Interaction Studio, Einstein and/or CMS) expertise that helps effectively communicate project process, progress, risks and opportunities to the client.
- Anticipate the needs, concerns and input from clients that a successful Salesforce program needs, setting expectations and holding both the firm and our clients accountable to our mutual success.
- Partner with Salesforce consultants, BA’s and project managers internally to ensure comprehensive understanding of client requirements and their connection to business drivers.
- Contribute digital marketing and experience strategy expertise to deliverables such as digital roadmaps, feature set prioritization, requirements documentation, and strategic points of view.
- Understand your clients’ business - including organizational design, internal dynamics, industry and competitive challenges - as well as Horizontal’s offerings, so you can bring the right ideas to the client at the right time.
- Lead project and program scope definition across multiple complex client accounts - including shaping ambiguous asks into contracts, SOWs and proposals.
- Advocate for high-ROI implementations/activations that may challenge internal and external perspectives on process, systems, and customers.
- Help set and drive progress toward the vision for each account in partnership with the broader Horizontal team.
Who you are:
- You are a digital experience enthusiast who can understand and support a program with complex business, user experience and technical challenges.
- You have a proven track record supporting client and internal teams with Salesforce and/or CRM as the backbone of the solution.
- You have a thirst for knowledge – especially business acumen – and thrive in creating commercially viable opportunities for the firm that drive growth for clients.
- You are flexible with the ability to handle multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change.
- You exude a quiet confidence, persistence, and the ability to stay optimistic despite multiple projects and goals.
- You see ambiguity through the lens of opportunity, rather than of concern.
- You are recognized as trusted, empathetic, and accountable in relationships with clients, colleagues, partners, and other industry professionals.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordination across projects and teams. This includes the ability to captain and expertly craft both on-screen and spoken talk-track for in-person and digital strategic meetings and presentations.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and the drive to develop and shape Horizontal Digital’s future growth with a continuous passion for influencing and scaling business processes.
What you bring:
- You have exemplary relationship management and communication skills, and the ability to articulate project scope, milestones, risk mitigation strategies, and end-state outcomes to both executives and client day-to-day contacts.
- You have proven experience in running midsized- to large accounts of $3M or more annually, creating sustainable business partnerships between client and firm.
- You’re experienced in implementing and activating CRM/Loyalty/Experience programs with Salesforce (e.g. Marketing Cloud, Interaction Studio, Einstein Analytics, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, CMS) or equivalent.
- Execution of connected digital experiences that move beyond CRM – to connect web, app, voice, support, in-store and/or other digital platforms preferred.
- Strong leadership and communication skills: ability to lead meetings and presentations with senior clients, as well as inspire, organize and create consensus around ideas, concepts and approaches internally.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 6 years of experience in a digital agency, consultancy, digital marketing or digital product development environment.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.